Let’s take a quick look at what happened in AWS-land last week:
New & Notable Open Source
- saws is a supercharged AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
- JAWS is the server-less application framework.
- aws-vault is a vault for securely storing and accessing AWS credentials in development environments.
- iamy is an IAM import and export tool.
- amazon-ecs-plugin is an EC2 Container Service plugin for Jenkins.
- calypso is a set of tools for better Docker deployments to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- s3-photo-archiver implements archival storage of photo and video media in S3.
- shepherd is a framework for building APIs using AWS API Gateway and Lambda.
- ish lets you SSH to an EC2 server based on name tag, AMI, autoscaling group, or instance ID.
New SlideShare Presentations
- Meeting Regulatory Requirements with Amazon Glacier Vault Lock.
- Running Microservices with Amazon EC2 Container Service.
- Building Your First Big Data Application on AWS.
- Best Practices: Infrastructure Deployment and Monitoring with AWS Lambda and Amazon SNS.
- Event-Driven Computing Enabled by DynamoDB Streams.
- Boot Camp – Migration to AWS.
- Masterclass Live – Amazon S3.
- Creating a Cloud First Standard.
- Masterclass – Advanced Security Best Practices on EC2.
- Startup without Servers.
New Customer Success Stories
- Canal+ -Mobile and personalized cable television offers.
- Cinémur -Mobile app to rate and comment on movies.
- Cydar -3D overlays for X-ray guided procedures.
- Eyeota – Data collection and analysis for online publishers.
- Healthcare.gov – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Localytics -Marketing and analytics for major brands.
- Peak – Brain training app.
- Realeyes – Business intelligence via emotion analytics.
New YouTube Videos
- Masterclass – Advanced Security Best Practices.
- Deploying Line of Business Desktop Apps Using Amazon WAM.
- Deploying and Managing Applications in Amazon WorkSpaces.
New Marketplace Applications
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall – BYOL.
- HP StormRunner Load.
- HP LoadRunner – Community Version 1250R2.
- Visual LANSA Development Environment.
- Gazunti – GazCloud.
- Aeonix V2.4.312.
- CloudLock for AWS.
- PerfAccel on Ubuntu 14.04.
- MariaDB 10.0 on CentOS 7.
- MariaDB 10.0 on Debian 8.
- MariaDB 10.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.
- StackStorm Enterprise.
- Neos CMS 2.x.
- Alfresco One Enterprise 5.0.2.
- vAPV Virtual Application Delivery Controller.
- Docker Subscription for AWS (BYOL).
- Docker Engine for AWS (Business Day Support).
- Docker Trusted Registry for AWS (Business Day Support).
- SecureSphere Database Activity Monitor v11.5 for AWS (BYOL).
- SecureSphere Database Firewall v11.5 for AWS (BYOL).
- Aviatrix Cloud Services Gateway (10 Tunnels).
- Aviatrix Cloud Services Gateway (BYOL).
- Aviatrix Cloud Services Gateway (50 Tunnels).
- Aviatrix Cloud Services Gateway (5 Tunnels).
- Aviatrix Cloud Services Gateway (25 Tunnels).
- OTRS – Open Source Service Management Software.
- datavirtuality 1.8.17 (Windows Server 2012R2).
- StresStimulus Cloud Testing Solution.
- StresStimulus Cloud Testing Agent.
- LX WordNet/Natural Language Processing Server.
- ERPNext powered by Bitnami (HVM).
- September 29 – Webinar – Accelerate Onboarding to AWS with Data-Driven IT Discovery Automation – with APN Partner ATADATA.
- September 30 – Webinar – How Accolade Harnessed Big Data to Recommend Personalized Services to Their Customers – with APN Partner Talend and customer Accolade.
- October 1 – Webinar – Achieving Continuous Delivery with AWS Lambda and Codeship – with APN Partner Codeship and customer Pipedrive.
- October 1 – Meetup (South Bend, Indiana) – Michiana AWS Meetup.
- October 21 – Webinar – Securing Gene Sequencing Data on AWS for HIPAA Compliance – with APN Partner Alert Logic and customer GenomeNext.
- AWS re:Invent – Sold out, register for the live stream!
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (San Francisco)
- September 28 – AWS Bootcamp: Taking Operations to the Next Level (10 AM – 6 PM).
- September 29 – Funding Options for Growing Technology Companies (6 PM – 7:30 PM).
- September 30 – Onshape Users (6 PM – 8:30 PM).
- October 1 – Market Differentiators and Elements of API Management plus The Developer Experience – Accelerating Growth (6 PM – 9 PM).
- October 7 – re:Invent at the Loft – Keynote Live Stream (9 AM – 10:30 AM).
- October 8 – re:Invent at the Loft -Keynote Live Stream (9 AM – 10:30 AM).
- October 8 – Loft Startup Showcase (11:30 AM – 1:30 PM).
- October 8 – re:Invent at the Loft – re:Play Happy Hour (6 PM – 7:30 PM).
- October 19 – AWS Bootcamp: Getting Started with AWS (10 AM – 6 PM).
- October 20 – AWS Bootcamp: Getting Started with AWS (10 AM – 6 PM).
- October 21 – Intro to Using AWS and the Alexa Skills Kit to Build Voice Driven Experiences + Open Hackathon (10 AM – 3 PM).
- October 29 – Building Serverless Microservices with AWS Lambda (Noon – 4 PM).
- October 29 – Startup Pitch Event and Halloween Party (6:30 PM – 9:30 PM).
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (New York)
- September 28 – Onshape Users (6 PM – 8:30 PM).
- October 1 – Behind the Scenes with LearnBop – Bulletproof Blue/Green Deployments – Myths, Pitfalls and Solutions (6:30 PM – 8 PM).
- October 5 – A Brief (and Thorough) Introduction to Mindfulness (1 – 2:30 PM).
- October 6 – AWS Pop-up Loft Trivia Night (6 – 8 PM).
- October 7 – AWS re:Invent at the Loft – Keynote Live Stream (11:30 AM – 1:30 PM).
- October 8 – AWS re:Invent at the Loft – Keynote Live Stream (12:00 PM – 1:30 PM).
- October 8 – AWS re:Invent at the Loft — re:Play Happy Hour! (7 – 9 PM).
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (Berlin)
- October 15 – An overview of Hadoop & Spark, using Amazon Elastic MapReduce (9 AM).
- October 15 – Processing streams of data with Amazon Kinesis (and other tools) (10 AM).
- October 15 – STUPS – A Cloud Infrastructure for Autonomous Teams (5 PM).
- October 16 – Transparency and Audit on AWS (9 AM).
- October 16 – Encryption Options on AWS (10 AM).
- October 16 – Simple Security for Startups (6 PM).
- October 19 – Introduction to AWS Directory Service, Amazon WorkSpaces, Amazon WorkDocs and Amazon WorkMail (9 AM).
- October 19 – Amazon WorkSpaces: Advanced Topics and Deep Dive (10 AM).
- October 19 – Building a global real-time discovery platform on AWS (6 PM).
- October 20 – Scaling Your Web Applications with AWS Elastic Beanstalk (10 AM).
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (London)
- September 28 – Introduction to Funding and Pitching (5 PM).
- September 29 – Masterclass Live: Amazon EC2 (10 AM).
- September 29 – AWS CodeDeploy: Getting Started (1 PM).
- September 29 – Amazon EC2 Container Service: Getting Started (3 PM).
- September 29 – Cohesive Networks – Ensuring a secure foundation for your AWS Containers (4 PM).
- September 29 – AWS for Startups (5 PM).
- September 30 – IoT Lab Session (9 AM).
- September 30 – Defining VPC Based Web Apps in AWS CloudFormation (10 AM).
- September 30 – Startup Showcase – B2B (1 PM).